Taking Charge in the Kitchen: Crock Pot Macaroni & Cheese
Posted on 12 October 2015
Want to be your wife's hero next time there's a potluck? Or want to give her a night off from cooking dinner (and have lots of leftovers)? Tell her you've got the food thing covered and you'll score some serious bonus points. This recipe for Macaroni & Cheese is quick, easy, delicious, and pretty much foolproof.
- 5 or 6 quart crock pot
- non-stick spray
- large mixing bowl
- large spoon
- 32 oz. UNCOOKED elbow noodles
- 32 oz. shredded cheese (cheddar or a mix works best)
- 2 T. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 3 T. onion powder
- 9 cups milk
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Spray your crock pot liberally with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the butter).
- Transfer mixture to crock pot.
- Bury the 1/2 stick of butter in the middle of the mixture,
- Turn your crock pot on low for about 3.5 hours (check after 3).
- Stir 5 minutes before serving.
That's it. 5 minutes in the kitchen and you're golden. Can't get much easier than that. (Just don't forget to check your masterpiece around the 3 hour mark.)
Do you have any quick and easy ways to Take Charge in the kitchen? If so, let us know!